By purchasing a Castro ticket or package, all patrons agree to conform to the Castro Theatre health and safety guidelines.
- Masks are required for all guests and staff in the Castro and in festival holdout lines, regardless of vaccination status or recent COVID-19 negative test. Masks must cover nose and mouth.
- Social distancing standards are observed in all areas associated with festival operations (holdout lines, bathroom lines, entry and exit).
- All tickets must be purchased online only. There will not be a festival box office at the Castro. Ticket Purchases will receive e-tickets via email.
- The Castro Theatre Auditorium will not be sold to capacity.
- Food and beverage are not permitted. The Castro concessions stand and lobby will be closed.
- Throughout each day, common areas and high touch points will be routinely cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected.
- In accordance with Castro Theatre guidelines, any staff or festival representative with 100-degree temperature or more will not be allowed on the premises.
Festival Operational Practices & Procedures
- Hold out lines can be found out front of the theatre next to the parking meters (parallel to Castro Street).
- Seating will begin 30-60 minutes prior to show start. Please arrive accordingly.
- Late seating will only be permitted up until 15 minutes after the show starts. Late arrivals may not be seated
- Ushers will seat all festival patrons using socially distanced, staggered seating practices.
- Re-entry is not permitted.
- Restroom entry will observe social distance guidelines. A festival representative will manage restroom lines. Restrooms will be cleaned between all shows.
- THE AUDITORIUM WILL BE CLEARED BETWEEN ALL SHOWS TO ADHERE TO COVID RELATED CLEANING REQUIREMENTS. All festival patrons will exit out the auditorium side doors. New/returning patrons will enter through the front doors. Additional between screening turnaround timing has been added to facilitate this policy.
- Auditorium doors will remain open during, between and after screenings to enhance ventilation.
How You Can Help
- If you have symptoms such as fever or cough, or if you have come into contact with someone who has these symptoms, please take care, stay home, and join us when you are well.
- Wash your hands often, and avoid touching your face.
- Please use the hand sanitizers available throughout the venue.
- The Castro Lobby is closed. Please do not linger in the lobby before or after screenings.
- Arrive on time for your screening—seating will begin 30-60 minutes before and conclude 15 minutes following each film’s start time.
- Follow all posted signage and listed safety precautions.